[mythtv-users] Motorola DTA 100 -- SOLVED

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Jan 15 23:19:39 UTC 2010

Kirk Bocek wrote:

>> njerald you were right. The issue was with the XMP protocol used by
>> this remote. Thanks for the hint. I had to upgrade to lirc 0.8.6 which
>> was a bit of a challenge: ATrpms has the packages but yum wasn't
>> picking them up. I manually downloaded the RPMs and performed the
>> upgrade. Starting from the generic XMP config file I was able to use
>> irrecord to capture the correct codes.
>
> After working with the DTA100 I discovered that it *does* have internal
> volume and mute controls. Here's a revised lirc config that adds the
> Volume Up and Volume Down buttons.

I picked up an additional DTA at the Comcast office today. They started to
hand me a Pace unit and I said that I'd like a Motorla unit to stay consistent
at home. When they handed me the same remote they were going to give me with
the Pace I asked if both DTAs use the same remote. He said *yes* they use the
same remote.

However, I'll repeat that I was *not* able to get any output with the Pace
DC50X lirc config that's out there. At least not under lirc 0.8.4. Under lirc
0.8.6 my XMP-based DTA100 config is rock solid. My new config should,
therefore, work with the Pace units.

Kirk Bocek