[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun(s)

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 03:56:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> Greg Oliver wrote:
>> I have tried with and without a splitter.  I am in the US.  I have not
>> tried to tune any channels that came through.
>>
>> Now that I think of it, other than the GUI, they may have all came
>> through.  I'll play some more and get back tomorrow - thx..
>>
> Try scanning with the SiliconDust GUI application.  There are known
> issues where the GUI scanner will pick up more channels than the command
> line scanner (and Myth's copy of the HDHR libraries).

Seconded. I'm one of those people willing to walk the extra mile to
avoid having to boot Windows, but I would have saved myself a lot of
time finding channels and verifying the HDHR ability to tune them if I
would have started out with the Windows apps from silicondust first.

Also, assuming you have a TV with a built-in ATSC tuner hooked up your
the same antenna... how many channels does it find? Don't expect the
hdhomerun to magically discover more OTA channels :)

-Ross