[mythtv-users] Jamu mini-disaster

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Jan 13 20:05:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, January 13, 2010 7:58 am, Doug Vaughan wrote:
> Yan,
>     You already used the best method (-MG). I do not know of any better
> tricks outside of renaming video files so the -MG function finds exact
> matches. Just a note: those metadata records must have already had
> reference numbers as the -M option skips video files that do not already
> have reference numbers.

Doug:

I finally figured this out.  I had made a trivial change to jamu.py which
got wiped out in a subsequent update.  The change strips off the last
-[0-9]*$ , which I use to insure that I don't have duplicate file names.

It was so trivial and simple that I didn't document it anywhere; so now of
course I cannot find it.  There is a cleanTitleQuery in
/usr/local/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/MythTV/MythVideoCommon.pm which
should have similar functionality but apparently it's not getting
filtered.  Where in jamu.py is the filename parsed before being sent out
to imdb and such?

This should be trivial and it's driving me nuts!

--Yan

--
If you have eight hours to chop down a tree
spend six sharpening your axe.