[mythtv-users] Stuttering and 147 commercial breaks flagged

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Jan 13 18:08:33 UTC 2010

Allen Edwards <allen.p.edwards at gmail.com> says:
> The log says we are getting mega audio sync, data lost, issues.
> What I noticed was that the shows that are having trouble are having
> 147 commercial breaks flagged in the 1/2 hour show.

It's not the networks tricking MythTV. Something is interrupting
writes and/or reads to the disk. This is causing recording chunks to
be lost, and severely confusing mythcommflag (see
<URL:http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/262480#262480>)
for a similar case). The cause could be anything, though:

* A dying hard drive is forcing sectors to be reread
* A bad network cable
* CPU busy running another application

Etc., etc. Figure out what is causing the interruptions.

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array