[mythtv-users] OS X Frontend Program Guide

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 03:48:47 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/1/12 scram69 <scram69 at gmail.com>:
>> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yes I see exactly the same problem with 0.22 on OSX frontend.
>>> I also see a problem which when you attempt to FFWD or skip through a
>>> recording it more often than not fails
>>> with an error about video renderer. Have you seen that one?
>>>
>>> Mike
>> Which renderer are you using?  For a while I tried xv as it got me a
>> little smoother playback than quartz, but occasionally I would see
>> those messages.  With quartz, I never see the error message.
>> Steve
> Thanks Steve,
> I don't see quartz or xv as an option in the playback profiles, only things like
> CPU++, SLIM, VDPAU etc.
>
> Mike

Under those profiles should be lines specifying the resolution
depending settings.  If they say "ffmpeg and quartz", you are using
the quartz renderer.  If they say "ffmpeg and XVideo", you are using
xv.  You need to click on each of the "edit" boxes on that settings
page to change the video renderer for each setting.