[mythtv-users] nvida driver crushed blacks (Limited RGB signal) (16-235) is there a patch for mythtv or nvidia?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 21:38:43 UTC 2010

Hi

2010/1/13 Kevin Johnson <dabears_rule at yahoo.com>

> That is good news!  Okay, can I get a link to your repo and a how to do this?  What setting should I define?
>
> Not exactly sure what I am fixing as I don?t completely understand what
> is going on here yet.
>
> Also, is this a issue that just effects certain tvs?  My old olevia lcd
> does not have this issue.
>
> Actually, I have that repo enabled. My bad, I did not put 2 and 2 together. I am using testing.

There has been very few updates in testing lately; everything is in
release... But as I've always said that if you enable testing, you
have to enable release as well, it should be fine

> I still do not understand what I need to change in mythtv thou. What option should I change?
>
> What should I change it to?

The sRGB and extended colour support is only support in VDPAU playback
mode. I hope to add it to OpenGL output one day...

You go in the setup.

I described how to set it in those two changeset:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22431
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/22495

The easiest way to set it up is to delete the 3 default VDPAU profile
(VDPAU Normal, High Quality and Slim) and restart MythTV

Then you go back in the setup ; Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> TV
Settings -> Playback -> Playback Profiles -> Custom Filters
Add the filter vdpaustudio to enable studio levels
vdpaucolorspace=auto should already be in the list of the custom filters.

So typically your custom filters line will be something like:
vdpaucolospace=auto,vdpaustudio

You have to edit all entries in the VDPAU profile.
If using VDPAU High Quality, there's only one
but in VDPAU Normal there are two ; both need to be modified.

Jean-Yves