[mythtv-users] Dancing on ice results show / recording rule

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 11 16:16:49 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 06:36 AM, Nick Morrott wrote:
> 2010/1/11 Paul Clark:
>
>> Let me first start by saying this is not for me it's for the wife -
>> honestly.
>> There's 2 dancing on ice shows on a Sunday one early, one later.  I can't
>> work out how to create a rule to get both to record.  Once it's recorded the
>> earlier show it says the later one is a dupe and doesn't record it.  I've
>> fiddled with the different dupe detection method in the record rule
>> (description, subtitle, none) but that seems to make no difference.  The
>> later show has a different subtitle so it should distinguished by that and
>> be recorded.
>>
> A channel rule for ITV1 with no duplicate detection should _always_
> record the 2 showings. Using "subtitle and description" dupe detection
> should also work as long as the description is always different.

/And/ if there is no programid for the show.  Since even with data that
doesn't contain a programid, Myth is now generating programid's when the
listings provider doesn't provide them, that means you'll almost
definitely need to set duplicate matching to None.

> One problem with the EIT data for this programme is using the subtitle
> to hold "The Skate-Off" for the second programme, which is going to be
> the same every week and will interfere with any dupe detection method
> that either solely uses the subtitle, or uses it first if present.

And programid will interfere with any dup detection mechanism--if both
shows have programid, programid is used as the sole dup detection method
regardless of specified method (the only way to ignore programid is to
set dup method to None).

This is likely why it worked for Vitani (who used None) and not for Paul
(who, presumbably, used something else).

Mike