[mythtv-users] MythVideo taking an age start

mat mat at lessermatters.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 13:00:46 UTC 2010

Hi there folks,

I'm having a small issue with MythVideo. Basically, on any of my
frontends, when selecting Media->Video it takes ages (about 5 minutes I
would guess at) for the video selection screen to appear. I haven't done
any proper test but yesterday I ran BWM (bandwidth monitor) whilst this
was happening and I was getting 600 K/s for most of this time.

So it would appear that my frontend is being sent lots of data before it
will finally display the list of videos.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening and how to fix it?

I'm using 0.21 from the Debian etch repo.

Cheers,

Mat