[mythtv-users] good hardware for transferring videos from vhs and dvd players

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Jan 11 04:12:05 UTC 2010

On Jan 10, 2010, at 7:51 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> If you are having a problem *watching* a Macrovision protected tape,
> that is
> not copying, and I think it would be in bounds to discuss it. If the
> problem
> is *copying* such a tape, I agree it would not be allowed here.

Well, the original thread was about copying, so I didn't want to push
it.

But yes, a "video stabilizer" device did fix my problem with
*watching* my Macrovision-protected tapes via the SVIDEO input of my
projector.

In my experience Macrovision creates problems for any kind of hookup
that uses composite or SVIDEO cables.  It was invented back when 99%
of people watched videotapes via an RF modulator output.