[mythtv-users] Zotac IONITX-B-E Network Issues

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 17:26:27 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> I'd also suggest that a visual inspection is not sufficient, you need to
> make an
> electrical test of the cable, and make sure that the proper "natural pairs"
> are used properly, merely having continuity does not prove the cable is
> "good", you might have split pairs, or even shorts between conductors that
> would not show up in a simple continuity test, after all, if all the
> conductors were connected to each other you would have "good" continuity.
>
> Probably the easiest way to test a cable is by substitution with a known
> good
> one.

Thanks Brian, I did "test" the cable.  When I was trying to understand the
problem I just moved the cable from the built-in ethernet port to the
USB-to-ethernet device and got no errors with it this way and the myth
content was smooth.  At this point and with the help of mythtv-users I think
we've proved that the network port was bunged up.

-Greg