[mythtv-users] output audio to hdmi and spdif at the same time

Kevin Johnson dabears_rule at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 8 19:28:49 UTC 2010

channels 2
}

pcm.receiver {
type hw
card 0
device 1
channels 2
}

I have mythtv setup to use alsadefault and stereo.  Doing this results in stereo sound output to both hdmi and spdif at the same time.
If I set up mythtv to output 5.1, I get distortion to the tv (hdmi) but the spdif (stereo) is correct.
I think the hdmi is distorting because it is trying to play digital sound but cant decode it.
I would like to have 5.1 digital sound go to the spdif, and stereo analoug go to hdmi.
Anyone know of a way to make alsa or mythtv do this.
Oh so close!