[mythtv-users] ATrpms for Myth but RPMFusion for nvidia

steve networks1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 8 14:49:43 UTC 2010

Thanks for the input, all.  Jarod, I got the idea that ATrpms was better
from seeing various places what Boleslaw said, i.e. that they are more
up-to-date.  But if you and Greg are using RPM Fusion with no probs, then
that's what I'll do.

George, I went through the install, had the black-screen problem mentioned
earlier, edited the kernel line in Grub to blacklist nouveau, and in the end
the nvidia drivers still did no load.  The wiki page says to yum install
nvidia-graphics, whereas the guide that I found
http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-nvidia.html said to yum install
kmod-nvidia (maybe that's a difference in what the package is called on
ATrpms vs. RPM Fusion?).  It also added that one needs to run
livna-config-display "to utilize the automatic switching between drivers for
the X-server."

So who knows which of the changes made the difference.  If I were brave, had
a lot of time on my hands, and enjoyed frustration,  I'd go back to zero and
re-try the ATrpms drivers, but.