[mythtv-users] excessive crashing of 0.22 backend

emarkert at aim.com emarkert at aim.com
Fri Jan 8 01:25:45 UTC 2010

 I've had a similar issue, but with the frontend. I recently upgraded to 0.22 and frequently use a frontend on the master backend to watch recordings.  My frontend constantly dies with a segmentation fault.

Like you, my -v all debug messages didn't produce anything that indicated an error.  However, I ran

dmesg | grep -i myth

and found that the frontend code appears to be using QT3 code instead of the requisite QT4 - even though I have both QT 3 & 4 installed.

 I haven't, yet, tried running a 0.21 frontend from my other computer to see if that causes a crash, but I suspect that it will cause some issues.

Though my backend has not had a problem, and continues to operate correctly, I have noticed that since upgrading that I've also had issues with mythweb not being able to stream and not updating the screen when I delete a recording.

My 0.21 system ran like a champ, since upgrading it's been interesting.  Actually considering downgrading to 0.21 because I haven't found any solutions, or clues of where to look further.