[mythtv-users] Keyboard Issues with mythvideo on gentoo

Michael Rotzin mrotzin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 07:30:22 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Rett D. Walters <rettw at rtwnetwork.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have 0.22 installed on a gentoo box, and for some reason I have no
> keyboard input when playing a dvd.   Everything else seems to work fine
> (live tv, menu navigation, etc) its just mythvideo when playing a dvd.
>
> I can't even esc out of it.  Basically the dvd menu comes up fine,
> presenting the play/setup/special features/scene selection etc, but I can't
> tell it to play with the arrow keys.  I have an ubuntu 9.10 box as well and
> it doesn't seem to have this issue.  I am using vdpau, but the problem is
> also present with CPU++.
>
> I have to killall mythfrontend from an ssh from another machine to regain
> control of the system.
>
> I haven't seen anything on the list about this so I am hoping someone can
> give me an idea as to where to look.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rett Walters
>
> System specs:
>
> EVGA NV 780i motherboard w/ C2Q 6600 OC'd to 3.08 Ghz
> 4 GB RAM
> 3ware Raid
> SLI 8800 GTs
> Gentoo Linux
>
> Mythtv 0.22 from portage:
>
> 0.22_p23069
>
> mythvideo 0.22 from portage:
>
> 0.22_p22991

I had the same problem on both a Gentoo system and a diskless Minimyth
frontend, but only when a
popup dialog box was opened before starting a movie (the one which asked if
I wanted to start from
bookmark or start from beginning).  Although it looks like the keyboard was
not responding, hitting
Alt-tab restored responsiveness.  Looks like it's a focus issue.  I worked
around the problem by
changing the playback exit behavior from "exit and save bookmark" to "just
exit".  Not really a
solution, but I don't often bookmark videos, so it's ok for me for now.

Mik