[mythtv-users] channel icons

Robin Gilks g8ecj at gilks.org
Thu Jan 7 02:05:15 UTC 2010

> Hi list,
>
> I reset all my channels because I had a few missing and incorrect
> XMLIDs for many.  I decided to just wipe out what was there and have
> mythfilldatabase regenerate the channels.After doing this, I lost all
> my icons, so I went into mythtvsetup and imported them back in but due
> to inconsistencies in call letters, I could not get them all.  I tried
> using the search function, but without a keyboard, this was a fools
> errand.  I noticed that many, if not all, of the missing icons were
> still in my /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels directory and decided to use
> phpmyadmin to fill in these blanks.  I thought I correctly did so,
> using the same paths for the channels that are there; however, none of
> these channel icons show up in my listings after doing this.  Am I
> missing a step?

I can't answer your question but I'll extend it a bit!!

Does each frontend require its own copy of the icons since it appears that
they get put into the $HOME/.mythtv/channels directory of the machine that
actually runs mfdb.

Are they then transfered via the myth protocol or must they be on an nfs
or cifs/smb mount that maps to each frontends $HOME/.mythtv/channels
directory?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks