[mythtv-users] Auto set Parental Level based upon Storage Group

Ian Forde ianforde at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 01:16:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-06 at 18:38 -0600, Brent Norris wrote:
> Is it possible to autoset videos in mythvideo based upon what storage
> group they are in?
>
> With the delete key working I am thinking there are some home movies and
> things that I already have in a separate folder that I would like to set
> to a high parental level.  I would like new ones to be set that way by
> default as well.
>
> Is that a current or future feature idea?

Not to my knowledge, but rather than that, even though I don't currently
use Storage Groups for mythvideo, I have a nightly cron job (you can
make yours run as often as you'd like) that does the following on my
mbe:
	mount my video dirs (they're automounted, but I want to be sure!)
	chown -R mythfrontend:mythtv <videomount1> [<videomount2> etc...]
	mysql -e 'update mythconverg.videometadata set showlevel = 4 where
`filename` like "%/homemovies/%"'
	mysql -e 'update mythconverg.videometadata set inetref = 99999999 where
`filename` like "%/homemovies/%"'

This way, they get set automatically, and with the 99999999 in inetref,
Jamu doesn't attempt to categorize them...

In other words, I didn't need myth to do it for me... just a little fine
tuning.. ;)

	-I