[mythtv-users] Broadcom CrystalHD??

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 23:20:43 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> You are aware that you can buy a brand new Revo for $199? cheaper than a
> Mini,
> and it has a warranty.
> Certainly cheaper than $300 plus $69.
> Having said that, my CrystalHD unit was shipped to me today :-)

Sure but the Revo is an Atom, right? The original Intel Mini is a core duo
and is powerful enough to be a combined backend and frontend, although the
5400RPM drive is on the slow side. I've read posts from people running Atoms
as backends but considering that commflagging 1080i on my dual-core 2.66
Pentium nails the CPU I'm thinking the overall experience would be a bit