[mythtv-users] Closed captioning?

Brian Bonner itsnotme at itsnotme.org
Tue Jan 5 16:34:58 UTC 2010

I'm a new adopter of MythTV but I'm also seeing this behavior in my MythTV
install.

Had problems compiling -fixes and the Trunk so I decided to use the Fedora
64 MythTV packages.  I was planning to compile in the closed captioning
patches that Clayton made (#7775)

Interestingly I've only been able to get MythTV to show closed captioning on
the frontend maybe 1 or 2 times.

All of my recordings like Bart has said have the closed captioning in it
since I can find it when I play VLC.  I did notice that maybe MythTV is not
picking up the CC when it switches between CC1 and ATSC CC1.  The SD
commercials still use CC1 and the HD shows use ATSC CC1 so that might be
part of the problem.