[mythtv-users] Theme problems upgrading to 0.22

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Jan 5 10:57:55 UTC 2010

Around about 05/01/10 01:29, Michael T. Dean typed ...
>> ... the odd default_authority one which some people have seen).
> It's not odd...  It's the "You restored 0.21-fixes schema mythconverg
> database backup on top of a 0.22 schema mythconverg database."  In the
> process, MySQL corrupts all your data (I hope when you reverted, you
> went to the pre-upgrade backup...).

   It was a *little* odd, but I didn't investigate fully;  the issue I had
was caused by reverting to the original d/b by using the automated backup
made by mythtvsetup.

   A quick look at the file I used showed that it did have the extra
default_authority schema info., which shouldn't have been there in the 0.21
data, so it was as if it backed up not what I started with, but something
halfway through the backup.

   A full wipe of the mythconverg tables and a restore from my manual backup
got me trying again.

   That said, I didn't double check that I really was using the first
automated backup:  I ended up with several, some from mythtvsetup and some
from mythfrontend as it tried to deal with the music/video d/b problems.  I
may well have picked one from in the middle as opposed to the

   <checks>  Nope, the automated backups all have multiple default_authority
fields in tables, where my 0.21 d/b only has one, so I don't know what the
deal is with them.  I'll need to remember to always use my own backup I guess.

> By the way, the mythconverg_restore.pl script will prevent you from
> restoring a backup onto a populated schema...

   Yes, I will make sure I start using this.

> So, long story short...  Shut down mythfrontend, restart, and enjoy the
> theme you had selected.

   Ah, OK, that makes sense.  Quitting was the one thing I wasn't trying.

> Solution to the problem:  get rid of all your 0.21-fixes garbage.

   Yes, I'll make sure and move them all out of the way next time I give it
a bash!

   All of which only really leaves the font/config question:  why might
Terra have been showing fonts at dodgy sizes?  And now I think about *that*,
I do recall still seeing the font-size settings in the config. menus, and I
*know* I've fiddled with those.  What are the default settings for those?

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature