[mythtv-users] EIT (DVB-S) data problems

Christian CvB at kruemel.org
Tue Jan 5 10:16:37 UTC 2010

Tuesday, December 22, 2009, 2:35:21 AM, Nick wrote:

>> Would you suggest to change any of these, and if so, to which setting?
> I would disable cross-source EIT.

Yes, that helps. I had read the documentation/hints for that function
to indicate that this would get MORE (and maybe wrong) information
into the database. Strangely, it seems to be an inhibitor for
collection EIT information at all.

> The new chanel scanner can ignore encrypted channels and also
> selectively scan for TV and radio channels. I use a simple script to
> hide and turn off EIT collection for channels I don't want to use, and
> to ensure those channels I do want are visible and have EIT guide data
> enabled.

Do you think you could post that simple script here, please? I have
no experience at all with mysql, so having a script to copy from would
be good for a start. (And I'll promise not to ask any questions about
that script. :-))

Thanks, Christian