[mythtv-users] VDPAU on older pre-G98 8400 GS

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Tue Jan 5 01:59:10 UTC 2010

Is anyone successfully using VDPAU on the older 8400 GS cards?  I have
one frontend with a newer G98 8400 GS and it seems to be working just
fine with VDPAU, but on my main frontend/backend system it's got the
G86 core and enabling VDPAU gives extremely stuttery playback with
lots of audio dropouts, even with deinterlacing disabled.  The same
recording plays acceptably with xv-blit.  (The other thing which is
different is that the motherboard has only a PCI Express x4 slot, not
an x16.)

Thanks,

Eric