[mythtv-users] Closed captioning?

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 14:27:12 UTC 2010


On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 9:50 PM, Bart Whiteley <bart.lists at whiteley.org> wrote:
> I'm using mythbuntu 9.10 with a HDHomeRun for OTA ATSC programming.
>
> I'm unable to get closed captioning to work.  I've seen the captions
> work on a couple of shows, but I can't get it to work with the vast
> majority of my recordings.  In the 'M' menu, it shows that closed
> captions are available and enabled, but no captions appear.
>
> Is this a known problem, or is it more likely that I have something
> set up incorrectly?

HDHR ATSC captions work very well.  If you haven't already, I suggest
unchecking the "Prefer EIA-708 over EIA-608 captions" setting.  This
is in the TV Settings > Playback OSD setup.

Jim


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list