[mythtv-users] Use yum-priorities and lirc?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Jan 3 23:50:59 UTC 2010

On Jan 3, 2010, at 12:14 PM, steve wrote:

> Two questions about entries in the wiki entry Installing MythTV on Fedora.
>
> (1) Should I use the yum-priorities stuff as recommended?

Hrm, who the hell recommended that? Don't do it, there's absolutely no reason for it. There was for a period in F10, but there hasn't been any reason for it for several months now in F10, and it was never needed in F11 or F12.

> (2) Do I need to install LIRC or is it already included in FC 12?  In
> general the guide seems to be current as of FC 10, so I don't know if this
> advice in it might be outmoded.

Its already included. I maintain both the lirc userspace and kernel drivers for Fedora.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com