[mythtv-users] ATSC Channel numbers

Brent Bolin brent.bolin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 18:24:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 8:06 AM, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a separator character that I can use when changing channels
> while watching TV with MythTV?  My TV remote uses a "." character.  My
> TiVo remote overloads the "|->" button.  My family is used to entering
> a character between the channel number and the multiplex number.
>
> I realize that I can enter "22" for "2-2" and that works, but I think
> it would be simpler if I could enter a separator character (and then
> program the universal remote to use the same button as my family is
> used to using for the TV and the TiVo).
>
> --wpd

I thought there was an option when setting up the backend to specify
"-", "." or none for channel separators.

I used "-" but I don't use it from the remote.

For example PBS in the US I have

11-1
11-2
11-3

Renamed the channels from Mythweb to

11
11-2
11-3

Suppose I could have done this from the channel editor on the backend
when setting up, but find Mythweb easier.

So if I need to get to the other channels I just go to 11 and then use
the channel up and down arrows