[mythtv-users] MythVideo Update Delay

Tanthrix tanthrix at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 07:22:15 UTC 2010

I've noticed after going from 0.21 to 0.22 that I must wait 3 or more
seconds before re-entering MythVideo for it to update its directory &
file list.

If I exit and re-enter immediately, the list basically appears instantly
without any of the added or removed media showing. If I wait 3 or more
seconds, the list takes a second or so to load (the time it takes to
read everything across my network) and then the list appears with all
appropriate changes visible.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is the case? It's not a big deal,
obviously, but I was wondering if it was something that could be easily
changed with a bit of source file jiggery pokery in the mythvideo code,
or if it was (as wagnerp suggested in the chat) some complex, indirect
issue involving Qt and garbage collection delays.

Thanks.