[mythtv-users] Recordings stay in database and on disk for some time after delete?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Feb 27 21:18:34 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-02-27 at 12:49 -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
> Thanks Daniel! I'm applying that changeset (23604) to my system right
> now.  Just curious...would this possibly explain some of the odd
> behavior I described earlier in this thread, where recordings pending
> delete were showing the in the list of recordings (both in the
> frontend and mythweb)?

No, as of 0.22 we delete the entries from the UI before the deletes
are committed. But we don't maintain this illusion of the items being
deleted when they are not yet deleted if you exit and re-enter the
Watch Recordings screen. This could be done and it sounds like Michael
T. Dean is interested in implementing that feature for at least the
frontend if not MythWeb.

-- Daniel