[mythtv-users] MS media center

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Sat Feb 27 02:32:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 05:19:45PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> Christopher Meredith wrote:
[deletia]
> I won't get into anything specific about mc2xml, but I can assure
> you that MS and TMS don't think too kindly about unauthorized users
> accessing the system.  Some of us at SD don't like it either because
> it propagates the sentiment that people in open source community
> have no respect for intellectual property.  There is an inexpensive

    I was under the impression that this fellow already has standing
to use the data in question. He has it because he "owns" a copy of a
product that includes access to that data as a part of a bundle.

    However, I agree that he should just buy the real thing direct for
himself because it's not terribly expensive to begin with.

> and completely legitimate alternative to mc2xml, so why not use it
> and support the community behind the software you like so much?

[deletia]

   I'm surprised the discussion went on as long as it did without anyone
objecting.