[mythtv-users] MS media center

Christopher Meredith chmeredith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 21:58:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
>> On 2/26/2010 16:09, Dean Collins wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know how Microsoft get their media center tv guide information?
>>
>> Microsoft licenses it, and provides it for free to users who have purchased
>> Windows MCE, for use specifically and only with Windows MCE.  It's basically
>> the same thing as SchedulesDirect has set up with TMS, but it is paid for in
>> the cost of the program, rather than yearly dues.
>>

> There is a program out there to convert the ms epg format to xmltv
> format. Can't recall the name...

It's called mc2xml and I've written up a MythTV howto guide here:

http://monopedilos.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mc2xml

I've been using this script and method, unmodified, since summer 2008.
It's wonderful. And since this has come up in the past, there is
nothing illegal about this AT ALL. At worst, it's a violation of the
EULA of Windows MCE, but that's only even relevant if you have
accepted an MCE EULA. Otherwise, there is nothing WHATSOEVER illegal
about this.

Let me know if you need any assistance. I have nothing to do with
mc2xml, I'm just a happy "customer."