[mythtv-users] Program icon / photo / cover art (XMLTV source)

David Kubicek foceni at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 17:48:23 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I don't think program icons are supported in MythTV as of yet, is this
feature planned? There are not many places where myth could display
program screenshot(s), but the recording list does this already
(bookmarked position or fixed-offset screenshot) and the program info
page is HTML if I understand correctly, so this could be done easily.

Most TV guide sites have images associated with most programs, it would
be great if we could make use of them in MythTV. The image URL can be
stored in XMLTV. Mostly they're DVD cover art or similar stuff - it
provides quick preview of the program's "mood" or genre without the
necessity to read boring vague descriptions...

Is such a feature planned or, even better, somehow already impl'd? I
tried importing XMLTV with program icons, but nothing changed.

Thanks for info.

--
David Kubicek