[mythtv-users] usbip

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Feb 26 17:40:36 UTC 2010

In article
<67829f471002251155q340661c4r595b4676b8798b05 at mail.gmail.com>, Eric
Sharkey wrote:
> I would guess that NBD has lower overhead than usbip since it
> doesn't need to emulate the USB layer at all.  But, of course, NBD has
> the same limitation that only one host at a time should be using the
> device.

DVD playing doesn't work over NBD either.

http://www.mail-archive.com/nbd-
general at lists.sourceforge.net/msg00156.html

http://tinyurl.com/y94k227

ENBD didn't seem ready yet, which is why I started trying USBIP.  USBIP
is in the staging tree, and can be installed on mythbuntu from the
repos. However, I have managed to lock both server and client when
playing around. I guess I need to try building a new version from
source.

Regards multiple devices, this is why I want to issue the USBIP bind
command when going into "Play DVD" and unbind when playback is stopped.

Regards

Ian