[mythtv-users] Recordings stay in database and on disk for some time after delete?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 13:58:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:18 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Thu Feb 25, 2010 at 09:15:53PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>> * On Thu Feb 25, 2010 at 01:04:25PM -0500, Tom Dexter wrote:
>> > By the way...another thing that appears to have changed since 0.21:
>> > It used to be the case that, if a number of files where pending slow
>> > deletes when the backend is stopped, it deleted them as fast as the
>> > file system allowed before actually stopping.  It doesn't appear that
>> > occurs any more.  As a matter of fact, when I tried it, not only did
>> > it not delete the files...it appeared they weren't even getting
>> > truncated/deleted at all when I restarted the backend (even though
>> > they were set as deletepending in the recorded table) until I actually
>> > deleted them again.
>>
>> Thanks for mentioning this.  This was a regression introduced in [18792].
>> I just committed a fix to 0.22-fixes and trunk to restore the original
>> functionality.
>
> I should clarify. The issue fixed is the issue with the files not being
> deleted if the backend was restarted.  I should have trimmed the quoted
> text a little more above.
>
> --
> Chris

Cool...thanks for the reply and fix!  By your last reply am I to
assume that with the fix stopping the backend with slow deletes
enabled still doesn't delete files quickly when the backend is stopped
(as it did in 0.21), but rather just continues deleting them slowly
when the backend is restarted?

Thanks again.
Tom