[mythtv-users] MythNetvision - Can't get it to work?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Fri Feb 26 10:40:28 UTC 2010

2010/2/26 Doug Vaughan <r.d.vaughan at rogers.com>:
> Kenni,
>   Do you use any of these scripts?
> MythVideo's metadata grabbers: ttvdb.py and tmdb.py
> jamu.py or mirobridge.py
>
> I ask as they all use the "OutStreamEncoder" class for their output. If you
> do use any of these scripts successfully then the plot thickens. If you do
> not use MythVideo can you please try one of these scripts to see if they
> aborts the same message.
>
> Doug

Thanks, I have identified the issue...apparently the error message in
mythnetvision is wrong (eg. missing), these Mythvideo scripts requires
mysql-python to run and after installing this package, both the
Mythvideo scripts and the Mythnetvision scripts runs just fine :)

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ ./youtube.py
The subdirectory "nv_python_libs/youtube" containing the modules
youtube_api.py (v0.2.0 or greater),
They should have been included with the distribution of youtube.py.
Error('OutStreamEncoder' object is not callable)

[mythtv at mc Television]$ ./ttvdb.py

The modules tvdb_api.py (v1.0.0 or greater), tvdb_ui.py,
tvdb_exceptions.py and cache.py.
They should have been installed along with the MythTV python bindings.
Error:(No module named MySQLdb)

[root at mc ~]# pacman -S mysql-python
resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...

Targets (1): mysql-python-1.2.3c1-2
<SNIP installing etc. etc.>

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ ./youtube.py
! Error: You have not selected a valid option.

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ ./youtube.py -S Dog|head
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0"
xmlns:itunes="http://www.itunes.com/dtds/podcast-1.0.dtd"
xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/"