[mythtv-users] "small" mATX case that can still hold a full PCI card?

Dan Armbrust daniel.armbrust.list at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 05:24:07 UTC 2010

What is the smallest case that folks have found that can still handle
a full PCI card?

The smallest one I can find is one of these -
http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc1000.htm

Dimensions (according to them):

Case: 17"(W) x 5.4"(H w/ feet) x 16.3"(D w/ panel)
Metal Chassis: 17"(W) x 5.1"(H) x 15.4" (D)

It still shows the case as being 5.1" tall.  If Wikipedia is right, a
PCI card should only be 4.2", including the pci connector.  So it
seems like it should be possible for there to be a shorter case... (I
know, not much differences, but I have a shelf height issue I'm trying
to work around)

Also, this seems way wider than I need... Micro ATX is what, 9.6" x 9.6".

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan