[mythtv-users] unable to schedule recordings / databbase trashed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Feb 26 04:27:26 UTC 2010

On 02/25/2010 11:14 PM, greg wrote:
> Mike McMullin wrote:
>>> Try this: mysqlcheck -u root -p  --repair mythconverg
>>   Thank You!!!!!!!!!!  I did run that, and it correctly updated the
>> recorded programs.  When I went in a looked at the upcoming, it showed
>> only one of the over 30, so I went and added an entry to record, and
>> then went on to another program, but it showed that that one was set to
>> record, and had not been shown on the upcoming recordings screen.  So I
>> went to the upcoming recordings screen, and the over 30 had re-appeared.
> That command has saved me many times..I have it in my notes,just in
> case I need it..

Someone should write a script that runs it and a few other commands to
fix up the database and then call it something like optimize_mythdb.pl
and put it in the contrib directory.  :)

(In other words, read the comments at the top of the optimize_mythdb.pl
script--the ones which recommend setting the script to run in a daily
cron job.)

Mike