[mythtv-users] Live TV channel restrictions

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Fri Feb 26 00:48:55 UTC 2010

> That approach sounds like a worthwhile exploration for sure. But our
> preference would still be for a harmonisation of the tuner management for
> both LiveTV and the scheduler... and since we're part way down that road
> here I'd like to finish our current work and see whether we can get a
> working patch.
> Andrew

The problem with harmonsation (and the reason this code is so complex)
is we're all trying to harmonise 2 systems whose design goals are
opposite. The engineer in me wants to remove opposition from the
design.

A hierarchy approach lets the opposition go away and lets both pieces
live in well-defined environments. Hopefully that leads to less corner
cases/races.

Meanwhile your patch looks promising and contains actual code! I'm
looking forward to trying it in 0.22.