[mythtv-users] US Broadcasting bastards

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Fri Feb 26 00:23:45 UTC 2010

> I have set up recordings to start 2 minutes early and record over ten
> minutes by default (Setup -> Setup -> TV Settings -> General - General
> (Advanced).
>
> When two shows are on the same multiplex then it stops recording one and
> starts recording the next.  If I force them to be on different inputs
> (on the same tuner) it works.
>
> I also seem to recall it working at one stage, but it no longer does.
>
> Are there other settings that affect this that I might have set?

The pre-roll and post-roll settings are considered optional by the
scheduler. I believe they're for people whose tuners need to warm
up/cool down. The text on my myth (0.22-fixes) states: "It is ignored
when two shows have been scheduled without enough time in between."

What you want are the "record early" and "end late" setting on your
recording rule. You can set default values for new rules too.

Here in oz all my rules have 10-20 minutes of "end late" - it's
painful to reach a show's climax then realise you're staring at myth's
menu screen because the show went over!