[mythtv-users] MythNetvision - Can't get it to work?

Doug Vaughan r.d.vaughan at rogers.com
Fri Feb 26 00:06:20 UTC 2010

Kenni,
    Seeing the message "Error('OutStreamEncoder' object is not
callable)" makes me suspect that your locale is not 'utf-8'. The
"OutStreamEncoder" class is used to output the RSS code returned by the
MNV grabber. This class attempts to force all output to 'utf-8' so that
all accent characters are handled properly.

    On the grabber page of the MythNetvision wiki it says "Grabbers
expect that the environment is set to UTF-8". Even though this link is
for a different MythTV plug in it still applies to the these grabbers.
See specifically #10 and #11:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MiroBridge#This_stupid_thing_does_not_work.21

I have not seen anyone else report this specific error message so it may
not be your locale. If it is not please post the locale set up you have now.

Doug