[mythtv-users] Mythweb Slow to Render Program Detail Page as Selected From Recorded Programs page

Johnny Walker johnnyjboss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 19:21:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Mache Creeger <mache at creeger.com> wrote:
> I checked all the logs and there was nothing in them that suggested a
> problem.
>
> -- Mache
>
> At 07:12 AM 2/25/2010, Mike Holden wrote:
>
>> Mache Creeger wrote:
>>Sorry for the double posting but this was a new topic and I wanted
>>to make sure folks could see it.
>>
>>Mythweb still takes around 5 minutes to render the Program Detail
>>page for a specific recording selected from the Recorded Programs
>>page. Is there anyway to speed things up? Looking at top during the
>>rendering time shows that the CPU is 85% idle and mysqld and httpd
>>are not running. Is it waiting for something to time out?
>>
>>I have around 600 recordings but the Recorded Programs page comes up
>>right away. I run the database optimize script nightly.
>
> Have you checked your apache logs to see if anything weird is going on or
> producing
> errors?
> --

If nothing else you can turn on debug logging in mysql to see what
queries are possibly slow moving.

I think a better 1st step is to run 'tail -f
/var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log' while you request that page which is
slow loading to see what step it appears to hang on during that load.

What does the system's free memory look like while you're doing this?

-Johnny