[mythtv-users] revo 3600, vdpau, bbc hd stutters

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:11:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Ian Oliver <lists at foxhill.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4B867802.90502 at tfxsoft.com>, James Thorpe wrote:
>> Initial results are promising - no stutter visible on the HD preview
>> currently running - real test will be when the skiers are back on in the
>> olympics!
>
> Is this just with the extra ram? Did you also increase video memory size in
> the BIOS?

If you are using (off the top of my head) kernel >= 2.6.31, you must
have 512mb video ram or higher for proper (full) vdpau support.  You
can search for it on nvnews forums for the complete description from
nvidia and why they chose to do it.  On the revo(s) with 1GB ram
installed, this means you have to add at least 512 more and bump the
card to 512 in the bios.

-Greg