[mythtv-users] MythNetvision - Can't get it to work?

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Thu Feb 25 15:50:43 UTC 2010

Hi

I've been trying to get MythNetvision to work, but I haven't succeeded
yet and I could use a hint on how to move on.

When I try to run one of the scripts from the console, I get the
following error:

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ ./youtube.py

The subdirectory "nv_python_libs/youtube" containing the modules
youtube_api.py (v0.2.0 or greater),
They should have been included with the distribution of youtube.py.
Error('OutStreamEncoder' object is not callable)

The files does indeed exists:
[mythtv at mc scripts]$ ls -l nv_python_libs/youtube/ |grep youtube.api
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 43575 25 feb 00:56 youtube_api.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 31063 25 feb 16:35 youtube_api.pyc

According to the wiki page, MythNetvision has the following requirements:

* MythBrowser properly installed and configured.
- > Yes, I can browse to http://www.mythtv.org without any issues
through MythBrowser.

* The Adobe Flash plugin installed.
* The python-pycurl extensions installed and working.
* Python 2.5 or greater
-> Yes to all of them:

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ pacman -Q flashplugin python-pycurl python
flashplugin 10.0.42.34-1
python-pycurl 7.19.0-3
python 2.6.4-1

* The Myth Python Bindings properly installed and configured
(including a functioning config.xml on all frontends)
- > Yes, I compiled mythtv with --with-bindings=perl,python:

[mythtv at mc scripts]$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 23594
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100212-1
QT Version       : 4.5.3
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_dvb
using_frontend using_hdpvr using_iptv using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl_video using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
using_live using_mheg

Can anyone see what I'm missing? Thanks..

Best Regards
Kenni Lund