[mythtv-users] something's missing

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:38:57 UTC 2010

> > Having that said, does it means that I have to resort to uninstall my
> > current 0.22 and fresh install 0.21?
>
> I think it means you need to specify the frequency info manually.

To find the correct frequency values either use the windows software
that I assume came with your card to do a channel scan, or to do a
channel scan on a television and note the frequencies where it finds
your channels.

If I remember right it's not an actual frequency that you enter in the
MythTV channel editor, but a two digit number that I assume
corresponds to a number in a frequency table.

For example when I start a channel scan on my TV I see it start
counting from 1 up to 99.  I seem to recall that if finds the five UK
analog channels around the 20 range.  It was those numbers that I
entered in the frequency field.

If you don't have too many channels then entering them manually isn't
much of a problem, and maybe easier than a couple of myttv installs.

Good Luck.