[mythtv-users] OT: iMon remote and Logitech Harmony

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Thu Feb 25 08:23:31 UTC 2010

In article
<67829f471002240757i233fccfbw3b5c0f992b5913f5 at mail.gmail.com>, Eric
Sharkey wrote:
> I still haven't been able to get this receiver working satisfactorily
> with anything other than the original remote it shipped with, but you
> might have better luck with the harmony.

I have an iMon Inside and my learning remotes were very dodgy with it.
I finally found details on the web for its 32-bit codes, extracted the
required codes from the LIRC file, wrote some Python to generate the
on/off timings, reverse engineered the remote's PC file structure, and
banging the right data directly in!

I then found that the receiver doesn't resync on edges, so the
transmitter needs to be accurate to within 1-2%. All of my remotes
needed slight tweaks to the sending rate so they probably use cheap
ceramic oscillators.

Let's just say that I've avoided imon remotes since then!

Ian