[mythtv-users] revo 3600, vdpau, bbc hd stutters

Terjesen Jens Peder Jens.Peder.Terjesen at devoteam.com
Wed Feb 24 16:24:27 UTC 2010

James Thorpe wrote:

On 24 Feb 2010, at 13:16, James Thorpe <james at tfxsoft.com> wrote:

> I can see a powermizer overview in nvidia-settings (which says
> adaptive clocking is enabled), but no obvious way to alter it - is
> there a related config file etc?
> Thanks,
> James.

Having said that - I can see the clock speed move up to the max level
in this screen when running myth - would forcing it onto max actually
make any difference?!

Yes I also saw that it moved to max when starting MythTV, but during playback of recordings it toggled between high, medium and low resulting in stuttering. After changing the powermizer setting the stuttering disappeared.

I think there might be a "profile" setting in nvidia-settings that should be set to "performance" in order to change the GPU clocking.