[mythtv-users] Disabling the internal player

James Klaas jklaas at appalachian.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 24 14:39:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Greg Estabrooks <greg at phaze.org> wrote:
>>   1) vob files
>
>  Still a problem if they are actually setup in a VIDEO_TS directory structure.
>
>>   2) mkv's with captions or subtitles
>
>  These play fine, myth  just doesn't support the embeeded captions which is not a "does it play over SG's" issue.

It becomes a "doesn't play over SGs" because it doesn't support
embedded captions where mplayer does (which doesn't support play over
SGs).  I guess I'm not entirely understanding why this isn't a
problem.  If the internal player doesn't support a feature that is
supported by an external player that forces a user use an external
player to get access to that feature, isn't that what you're talking
about?