[mythtv-users] Mythweb 0.22 Does Not Display Program Detail

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Wed Feb 24 06:03:40 UTC 2010

At 07:29 PM 2/23/2010, Mache Creeger wrote:
>At 06:29 PM 2/23/2010, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>On 2/23/2010 21:15, Mache Creeger wrote:
>>>Using Windows XP Pro in either IE 8.0.6001 or Firefox 3.5.8,
>>>clicking on a specific Recorded Program in mythweb does not bring
>>>up the program detail page. All other pages seem to work fine. I
>>>am fully patched up on 0.22 on Fedora 12.
>>
>>Could you give a bit more detail?
>>
>>This is in the 'Recorded Programs' page?
>>
>>Is this only on one or a couple recordings, or all recordings?
>>
>>Does the page not work at all? Do you get the single white line at
>>the top of the page? Do you get any sort of error from the page?
>
>I found the error.
>
>In /var/log/mysqld.log I found a large number of:
>
>[ERROR] /usr/libexec/mysqld: Table './mythconverg/recordedseek' is
>marked as crashed and should be repaired
>
>I then did an
>
>ls -al on
>/usr/share/doc/mythtv-docs-0.22/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
>
>only to find that a recent update made it non-executable. As a
>result, the optimization script that I run each night with logrotate
>did not work properly.
>
>I chmod'ed optimize_mythdb.pl to add executable privileges, manually
>ran it, and restarted mysql, mythbackend, and httpd.
>
>Everything works fine now.
>
>It is weird that there were no errors in /var/log/httpd/access_log,
>/var/log/httpd/error_log, /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log. Because
>it was going on so long and crashing out, there were no
>/var/log/mythtv/optimize_mythdb.log files that I usually get from
>running the optimization script. It was just a fluke that I looked
>in mysqld.log.
>
>-- Mache

While the basic problem has been resolved, mythweb still takes around
5 minutes to render the detail page for a specific recording selected
from the Recorded Program page. Is there anyway to speed things up?
Looking at top during the rendering time shows that the CPU is 85%
idle. Is it waiting for something to time out?

-- Mache