[mythtv-users] Disabling the internal player

Yaron mythusers at freakzilla.com
Tue Feb 23 17:39:40 UTC 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> This design facet of MythTV will not change, so if you feel it's the
> wrong approach, MythTV is not the program for you.

Hey, I'm just stating a personal preference. Not demanding that MythTV
change their approach for my own sake.

And in actual fact, as I mentioned, I do have a Plan B. I use myth's
renaming utility to link the new recordings into the video tree, and just
use Play Videos to watch them. Totally doable.

I've been using mythtv for years and years. I've never used it as a DVR -
never needed to. I had a DVR. MythTV was originally a music player, and
then YEARS later a video player. I couldn't use the internal player at the
time because it didn't yet support the formats I was using! So I got used
to my own thing. And that's what I'd prefer to use. And MythTV is flexible
enough to let me do it!

-Yaron