[mythtv-users] MythWeb doesn't work since upgrade to 0.22 - 'Incompatible protocol version'

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 23 15:05:18 UTC 2010

Phillip Barnett wrote:

> On 23 Feb 2010, at 13:30, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>>

>> Mythweb doesn't "install" from the tarball.  You have to copy it
>> manually to your public web folder and configure it properly in your
>> web server.  Check the README or INSTALL or such files in the mythweb
>> folder from your source.  I would imagine that the RPM/DEB/YUM/APT
>> installable version would do all the right things but the tarball/SVN
>> that you compile yourself needs an extra step.
>>
>> Kevin
>>

> Thanks - I had realised that MythWeb insttallation is different when I
> did the ./configure. I copied the files over my current install,
> checked the httpd.conf file looked sane, but am still getting the same
> error message -
> 'Incompatible protocol version (mythweb=40, backend=50)'
>
> And yes, I have stopped and restarted Apache.
>
> I'm running on 64 bit Ubuntu, for what it's worth...
>
> Phillip

This is the procedure I use to get mythweb up and running on Ubuntu 9.10
,Mythtv .22 .....

cd ~/mythplugins/mythweb

sudo cp -rp . /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb

sudo ln -s /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb /var/www

sudo chgrp www-data /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo chmod 775 /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo chmod +t /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

ls -ld  /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/data

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Contents of /etc/apache2/conf.d/mythweb conf.apache

<Directory "/var/www/mythweb">
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride All
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

   SetEnv db_server "localhost"
   SetEnv db_name "mythconverg"
   SetEnv db_login "root"
   SetEnv db_password "your password"

   RewriteEngine on

   RewriteRule
^(css|data|images|js|themes|skins|README|INSTALL|[a-z_]+\.(php|pl))(/|$)
-     [L]

   RewriteRule ^(pl(/.*)?)$ mythweb.pl/$1 [QSA,L]
   RewriteRule ^(.+)$ mythweb.php/$1 [QSA,L]
   RewriteRule ^(.*)$ mythweb.php [QSA,L]

   AddType video/nuppelvideo .nuv
   AddType image/x-icon .ico

   <Files *.pl>