[mythtv-users] *SOLVED* DVB-S channel scan failing to find anything

Matt Dawson matt at chronos.org.uk
Tue Feb 23 12:05:52 UTC 2010

> On 20 February 2010 18:02, Matt Dawson <matt at chronos.org.uk> wrote:

>> The problem comes when I try to add this card to my mythtv-backend.
>> It is detected as a DVB-S card, I can add the capture card,
>> correctly identified as DVB-S, and a new video input right up to
>> the point where I need to scan for channels. Using the import
>> channels.conf function results in a rapid flash of the scan page
>> followed by the no new channels found message. Attempting to input
>> the details of a known good MUX also results in the same thing.

> Can you confirm that you have a valid DiSEqC configuration for the
> card? If you leave mythtv-setup after having configured the DVB-S
> card and then restart it, are the DiSEqC settings as you configured
> them? What DiSEqC settings are you using?

> You can increase the logging verbosity for mythtv-setup to include
> extra details for the channel scanner. Start mythtv-setup with the
> '-v channel, channelscan, record' logging option, and redirect
> output to a file.

> In addition to trying to import an existing channels.conf file, can
> you try a full tuned scan starting on one of the BBC1 muxes?

Nick, thank you for putting me on the right track. Indeed I did not
have DiSEqC set up correctly for my LNB and I was getting confused
because the UI wasn't presenting me with options upon clicking
"Unconnected". Perseverance allowed me to set "LNB" and the correct
parameters and it now works flawlessly.

Apologies for my stupidity and thank you once again for the correct
advice.
--
Matt Dawson
MTD15-RIPE