[mythtv-users] Channel icon path

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Feb 23 05:11:06 UTC 2010

Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com> says:
> I do recall seeing this on my Atom frontend before I had copied across
> my icon dir from the backend. I think the small EPG icons _are_
> transferred using the MythProtocol, but the icons required for the OSD
> do need to be available via a FS.

There is only one icon file per channel, though, which is scaled as
needed, so if icons are sometimes transmitted via the Myth protocol--I
don't know if this is actually the case--hopefully they'll some day
always be transmitted that way.

> You can do this manually via the channel editor in mythtv-setup,
> mythfrontend or MythWeb.

Only mythtv-setup. I don't believe MythWeb ever permitted editing the
filenames, and mythfrontend lost the ability in 0.22.

> If you use mythfilldatabase and XMLTV, you can run MFDB without the
> '--update' option to update your icons.

I've never used the automated channel icon-downloading feature,
manually downloading them from Lyngsat Logo instead. The automated
method uses Lyngsat too, right? If so, does it grab the high-quality
132x99 versions?

--
Frontend/backend:	P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array