[mythtv-users] Question about mythrename.pl

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 23 04:11:58 UTC 2010

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 02/20/2010 12:12 PM, Harry Devine wrote:
>> I just ran mythrename.pl to get the human-readable names to show up.
>> They are now @ /storage/recordings/show_names by default on my
>> system, linked back to the proper Myth filenames.  If I delete a show
>> after I watch it, will the symlink get deleted as well, or will I
>> have to manually go in and remove them?  Not a big deal if I do, just
>> wondering what to expect.
>

> mythrename.pl deletes (all) the symlinks under the view directory
> (/storage/recordings/show_names) each time it runs.
>
> Perhaps of interest:
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23474
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/23479
>
> You should be able to download the new mythlink.pl and use it with
> MythTV 0.22, if you'd like.
>
> Mike

Just out of curiosity, since that was in changeset 23479, and I'm
running 23565 from the Mythbuntu auto-builds, shouldn't I have
mythllink.pl already?  I don't see it on my system anywhere.  I can
download it if its not there.  Is there a Wiki page for it yet?  I see
from the description that it can be used in the new event-driven
mechanism of the backend (which I suppose I should start getting familar
with ;-) ).

Thanks,
Harry